If I am hungry, it’s a real problem at times. I want to eat something nice and different every time and that is the ‘problem’! I keep looking for new recipes, new ideas, inspiration to caress my orbicular tummy.. I found a video for making easy breakfast and the last recipe of that video was the one which I wanted to try NEVER!! And look at the irony, that was the recipe I ended up making that very evening!! (lesson learnt: never say Never!)
So this Coco porridge I made with some addition to the actual recipe shown on the link shared and let me share the fun tips with you:
Fun changes I Did:
- I added little butter and a teaspoon of honey in the pan, once it was about to boil, I added the oats and stirred for sometime to get a smokey flavour. (If you don’t want to use butter and honey in your porridge, then you may dry roast the oats before adding the milk, it tastes good)
- Then I added the coco powder, mixed it a bit and finally I added the milk, I wanted my oats to be a little runny, so I added more milk than oats.
- And added some chopped nuts at the end, it was wholesome & Heartsome.
Then there came another evening, when my brain was buzzing with ‘coffee.. coffee.. coffee’! and my sniffer could only smell coffee all over.. Crazy these aromas drive me, but I had to do something. It’s not that I don’t like a big mug full of home made hand-beaten frothy coffee, but honestly that only tastes mighty when it’s made with generous amount of sugar, nothing can complement it.. may be to some extent a substitute like brown sugar.. But I wanted to experiment the other way.
SO I swivelled my ladle once again.. and made this Oats with coffee.
- On a moderately heated pan, take little butter or margarine, add little honey, let them come to a slight boil and add the oats. Stir the oats, till it changes the colour a bit to a light brown.
- Then add milk on it, coffee (quantity depends on your choice), vanilla essence, little more honey if necessary and stir till you are happy with the consistency. I prefer my porridge runny, so I use more milk.
- Once ready add some roasted peanuts, and serve it with sliced banana and dry fruits of your choice.
Isn’t that smart for a morning haste!! One bowl of this and it will get your morning daze off and at the same time it will keep you full for sometime.. Good right?