Healthy Wrap Recipes|| Healthy Chicken Wrap Recipe || Healthy Food Ideas with Left Over food|| Healthy Chicken Tandoori Roll
I love when there’s some left over food in the fridge, especially the ones which can be turned into a brand new dish once again than the ones which needs to be popped into the micro wave to warm for 2 minutes!! I especially love when there’s extra rice or rotis kept in the fridge for the day next. And if by some unexpected chance, there’s few boneless chicken pieces lying in the fridge, I am all surprised yet quite content, because then I can have my chicken tandoori roti wrap!! Slurp Slurp!!
Making this Wrap is super-duper and very much easy.. Here’s the list of Ingredients:
- Chicken pieces- Boneless preferably
- Plain curd- for chicken & for Chutney
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Ginger- a small piece like 1/2 teaspoon grated
- Biriyani masala/ Tandoori masala/ Sahi Garam masala
- Salt- pepper
- Some sliced vegetables- onions, tomatoes, cucumber for salad
- Put curd, fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves, (proportion of curd vs the fresh leaves isn’t important, depends on which flavour you want to dominate in the chutney, use the portion accordingly) little salt, ginger in the mixer grinder. Make a smooth paste of it.
- You chutney is ready, keep it aside. You can use it as a condiment with many other dishes, like with some crispy frittatas!
- Marinate the chicken first. Take a bowl, take the chicken pieces, add some curd, not a lot of curd, we are not making any gravy here (say for 200 gm chicken, I used 2 table spoons of curd), some biriyani masala, salt-pepper as per taste. Then mix them very very well. Let it rest for about 20 minutes or you may try for overnight.
- Then take a pan, let it get hot, smoking hot actually. Now add little oil, add the chicken pieces onto the pan, shallow fry the chicken pieces for 5-7 minutes at both sides. Adjust the flame, try to get little charred look on the chicken, be careful don’t burn the chicken to black. Just a slight charred look at the edges of the chicken pieces, okay?
- Once the chicken is cooked, take them off the heat.
- Take a roti. Brush little chutney on it. ( You may also try it with Paratha, if there’s some stuffed paratha in the house.. mmmm nothing like it then)
- Add few chicken pieces, add little more chutney on top, add few vegies like tomato, onion, green chilies, lettuce, whatever you prefer.
- Then sprinkle some lemon juice if you like, then wrap the roti to give it a big mouthful bite.
- Repeat the same with other rotis you have.
- DO share this wrap with friends and family.. don’t just have all by yourself. remember sharing is caring!!
You can also try this with Paneer, soya chunks, mushroom.. Quite a few options to think with right? I hope I gave you a good start to this week.. Enjoy the days ahead..
2 thoughts on “Healthy Chicken Roti Roll”
My mouth is watering just reading this recipe. We do use leftover rotis in this way sometimes. Love the chutney recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for stopping by Satabdi.. i even like to use a left over roti on top of an omlete 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person