Healthy Spaghetti Recipe || Recipe with Cream Cheese || Healthy Alfredo Pasta with Cream Cheese||
Since I have known that it’s so easy to make cream cheese at home and it takes such minimal ingredient to do so, then it’s sooo pocket friendly, on top of it there isn’t much of a hassle to do all these things.. I mean heyyy!! That’s my kind of thing!! And that’s why, I have to whip some fresh, velvety cream cheese whenever I would feel like.. Adding to it.. I have to dump it in some new recipe I recently have found on the internet and there you go.. some safe experiments can never go wrong!! (I know.. I call it experiment, then I call it ‘safe.. what sense does that make!!!
So I made some Alfredo sauce with fresh cream cheese and mixed some cooked spaghetti with it.. and mamma miaaa.. it was creamy-liciouss!! Here is what I did..
- Cream cheese: 300 gms
- spaghetti: 100 gm
- Garlic: 10-12 pods finely chopped
- Italian seasoning
- Oregano/ Dried Parsley (You may also use fresh parsley)
- Vegetables: Capsicum, Tomato, Per boiled Potato, Carrots, Beans, Onions roughly diced (or any vegetable of your choice)
- Roasted peanuts (optional)
- Black pepper/ Salt
Process: Few Preps First:
- Cooke the pasta in boiled water adding some salt in it. Once cooked, drain the water and keep it aside. (You may also add few drops of oil in that cooked spaghetti, so that they don’t stick to each other)
- I used Home-made cream cheese here.. If you follow my blog, then I am sure You know by now that how to make cream cheese at home, if not.. know it now please…
As I prefer healthy.. I didn’t use any cream or cheese (apart from the cream cheese) in the sauce. So, to add extra taste, texture and to give little volume to this dish, I added some sautéd vegetables at side. . I love to have sautéd vegetables with my Alfredo Pasta or with my all time favourite spaghetti.
- So let’s do that first.. Take a pan, heat it up.. add some olive oil.. add the diced vegetables all at a time. Let them get slightly grilled (it will take about 5-8 minutes), add some salt, pepper, Italian seasoning; before taking it off the pan, add the chopped peanuts, mix them and keep it aside.
- Now let’s make the Alfredo Sauce.
- Take another pan or the same pan on which you cooked the vegetables. Add some oil, then add the chopped garlic.
- After few seconds, once the smell of the garlic is quite evident, add the cream cheese.
- On a low heat, take some time to mix the cream cheese with the oil nice and smoothly. I had saved some pasta water, just to make the sauce creamier and slightly runny. Add little bit of that pasta water, about 1/4 cup and cook it for about 2 minutes.
- [If you like cheese or low fat cream, you may add the same to this dish]
- Once mixed well, add salt, pepper, some oregano, some dried parsley, give it a quick mix.
- Add the cooked pasta and after a good stir, once the pasta is well quoted in the sauce, take it off the heat and it’s ready steady to roll into your big poky fork. You have a big shark-teeth fork to enjoy your spaghetti right??
That’s it.. a simple, humble dish without any trouble!! Do try this and enjoy and relaxed, slumpy weekend!!