***Easy Pasta Recipe***
Another Saturday.. My pasta sticks are mewling to me.. But Oooo I am so laaazy today to do anything!! Somebody please make me a bowl full of pastaaaa… Okay.. no-one in house makes pasta, all they do is relish or citicise my cooking!! So it’s me who has to do it.. Anyway it’s ME who has to do it, otherwise how do I write todays #Blog for you!!
Got it.. so kicking myself to the kitchen, I wanted to do something super easy, super quick, and I wanted to have peanuts, lots of it, so quickly I put some dry roasted peanuts into the grinder and kept churning them till they turned into creamy buttery form. And that’s it.. some sliced onions, little this, little that and it will be done. My lazy daisy Pasta will be all done..
Minimal ingredients, quick stirs, less time and forks full of gorgeous, flavourful meal.. what else to ask on a lazy, chilling weekend!!!
How did I Cook this recipe?
- First and easy thing first.. You may take any noodles of your choice, I went for some pastas, and boiled them adding some salt in the water. I used about 200 gms pasta.
- I saved some pasta water for the sauce, you may do the same or use normal water.
- Now comes the main part…. I cooked the noodles with the sauce rather than mixing them separately, You will know what do I mean!
- Take a Pan, let it get hot, add some oil, you may use sesame oil or like me, olive oil. As I don’t prefer using chili oil, I used enough amount of olive oil (3 table spoon) to make the sauce and cook the pasta in it. (not way too much of oil, just sufficient enough for the dish)
- Once the oil is hot, add some sliced onions (1 medium), cook them for a bit, wait till they get little soft.
- Add some soya sauce (1 table spoon), I added Apple cider vinegar (1 teaspoon), as I don’t get rice wine vinegar that easily, then I added some generous spoons full of home-made peanut butter (8 tablespoons).
- Mix them well, wait for the them to come together, get little aromatic, then add about half a cup of pasta water. Mix it well, it will become a creamy sauce. Stir for about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add some salt, mix it, then add the pastas. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. And it’s done.
- I had some fresh coriander leaves in the fridge, garnish few of them chopped on top of the noodles, or you may sprinkle some chopped spring onions and you are all set to go..to gorge.. to enjoy a lazy, yum-yum Saturday night dinner with your favourite movie may be??
If you are a fan of Peanut butter like me.. Do.. do try this one then.. And do message me how did it go? Who else in the house had a fortune to have a share of your cooking??
Inspired by @Donal skehan