There are evenings.. Actually it’s most of the evenings that I want to sit with my books with a handy yet a healthy-tasty evening drink in hand and want the entire evening to pass like this. End of story.. Moral: I really wish a swish of a wand will create a dish of my imagination!! But it’s just an impossible wish and I never expect it to come true anyway.. Yes!! Because it’s any which way never possible.. Understood and agreed! Let’s move on Now!!
So what to do when I am so slouchy and have no intention to improve this annoying tendency at all.. I make easy meals.. as simple as that.. Smoothies come very handy and I find them to be the best option to hang with my books in the evening. I did share one of my ideas of smoothie initially, then I found another version of it and it’s fabulous… I don’t brag, though it may seem so!
Let me tell you what I do, I took the inspiration from Joe Duff but surely with my dodging expertise, I even cheat with an easy recipe. What sort of a person am I, you are thinking? Don’t, it will embarrass you so much!! So, I found this coffee-vanilla smoothie (of course searched on internet with a pure intention to get one) and I loved it, so surely I have to share with you..
Let’s know quickly How to make this Coffee-Vanilla Smoothie:
- Oats- about 2 table spoons
- Coffee- 1 teaspoon [or you may use Unsweetened coco powder if want a Coco- vanilla smoothie]
- Vanilla- 1 teaspoon
- Dates- 2-3 OR you may use jaggery powder/ Coconut sugar- about 2 table spoon/ as per your taste
- Cold Milk – 1 cup
- Peanut butter/ chopped peanuts (optional)
- Take a heated pan, dry roast the oats for few minutes (You may keep it ready before hand at your free time). Once you get the smoky smell, take it off the heat and let it cool for some time.
- Once cooled, grind the oats in the grinder, add rest of the ingredients in the grinder and blend them well .
- Pour the mixture into your favourite mug/cup/glass and enjoy your evening like I do then..
- You may also try this with hot milk but in that case you can not put the hot milk in the blender, you have to add everything in the cup and mix them with a spoon and have it..
- So basically cold one is for melting summer and the hot one for the chilled winter, you may also call it a little heavy version of Hot Chocolate. Yummyy!
- 2 recipes at a go.. Am I sharing way too generously with you??!!! Okay You’re Welcome!!
Inspired by @JoeDuff-TheDietChef