Winter evenings give me a lot of.. really a Loooot of Sweet cravings, and why won’t it.. this is the season, we Bongs get our season’s fresh jaggery, which is way more than seraphic, and the variety of sweets we get made with this lusty jaggery are salacious to make one’s heart swell. But more of that story for some other day. I don’t want to make you jealous all at a time !! 😉
Today we are talking about a crude prurient beauty, Dark Chocolate. Winter also gives me.. I think it happens with most of the chocolate lovers.. so let me re-phrase a bit.. Winter gives all of us more and more craving for Chocolates.. Am I not right?? You are jumping with excitement agreeing with me.. aren’t you?? If you are not.. seriously?? Are you sure, you even like chocolate!! I mean Hey!!
However, considering most of you are as Chocolate Mad as I am.. don’t you LOVE having a cup of Smoking Hot ‘Hot Chocolate’ on winter evenings? That’s the one thing you can ask for, right? Am I not right?? O chocolateee!! So making hot chocolate is no big deal at home.. I will say not go for those instant hot chocolate mix available in the market, rather make them at home, as the ingredients are minimal and it doesn’t take much time to make hot chocolate at home, does it? No, right?
And as it’s very easy to make, you don’t need much of a recipe or you get ample of them on the internet. I know what you are thinking.. Actually sharing this particular recipe is just an excuse to share my feelings with you. It feels exciting to share the same thought.. isn’t it? SO I will ask you to go through the recipe once and try it if it seems little different, or help me with yours.. Deal???
Ingredients: Serving 2 person
- Dark chocolate: 100 gm
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon stick- 1/2 inch long (You may use cinnamon powder)
- Jaggery powder- 3 Tablespoon (as per taste)
- Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
- Milk- 2.5 cups
- Ginger grated- 1/2 tablespoon
- Virgin Coconut Oil- 1 table spoon (optional)
- It’s simply facile. Take a Pot, Add the cocoa powder and milk, mix them well so that the cocoa powder doesn’t form any lumps.
- Now add the jaggery powder, chocolate bar, ginger, cinnamon and put the pan on heat.
- Gently stir everything, as both the chocolate and jaggery powder will melt, they need to be mixed well with all the ingredients in the pot.
- Once everything is mixed well, wait for the milk to come to a boil, once boiling wait for 2-3 minutes, add the coconut oil, Vanilla essence; another short wait of 30 sec (in between keep stirring everything).
- And your super comforting winter drink is ready to serve. Just strain before you serve, as there’s grated ginger and cinnamon stick swimming inside.
I can have cups and cups of Hot chocolate every evening in the winter.. That’s the one good thing about winter for ME!! Actually there are few more!!
How do you make your healthy cup of Hot Chocolate?? Share some ideas.. I would love to know your version of Hotty Naughty Hot Chocolate!!