Healthy Smoothie || Easy recipe with Mango ||
Summer means many things to me.. Summer means mangoes.. both raw and ripe.. then summer means cubes and cubes of ice, chillers, colours, colourful balmy juicy fruits. Mango is surely my first favourite, though I love many other fruits or many other ‘foods’.. better don’t ask me to choose.. I may ditch my own choices!! Oh Noooo!!
This year luckily we have got so soo good, yummy mangoes and fridge is full of them, I am smelling mango all the time, I am dreaming mango day & night, I am waiting for my mango drink every evening and Am I not just enjoying my mango drinks!! If you follow my blog, then you will know that I have little craze.. okay.. ‘a lot of’ craze about Smoothies.. this summer I am having a mango drink every day.. seriously it’s everyday!! SO tried this Mango Smoothie and summer is such a heavenly season.. before I get lost in my Mango dreams.. here is the recipe for you.. Let’s Man-Go!!
Ingredients: Serves for 1
- Sweet ripe Mango: 2
- Banana: 1 medium size or 1/2 of a big one
- Dates: 2-3
- Milk: 1 cup
- Curd/ Yogurt: 2 Table Spoons
- Oats: 1-2 Table spoons
- Soak the dates in some water to soften them (If not dates, you may use jaggery powder or coconut sugar).
- Cut the banana and the mangoes into small pieces.
- In a blender or mixer grinder, add all the ingredients and blend them to a smooth mixture.
- You may add more milk if the consistency is very thick to drink from the glass. I like my smoothies runny, so I add more milk and less oats.
- Dates help to add extra sweetness in the smoothie, if you are adding more milk (or water) then you may need to add more dates. Saying this, if you are using good quality sweet mango, you may not need to add any additional sweetener.
- You may also add things of your choice, you may add some scraped coconut.. It tastes amazing.. you should try it with some coconut, trust me.
- Then You may add Almonds or almond milk, you may add peanuts, you may add seeds like chia seeds, then some saffron strands.. Ooo oo some shaved dark chocolate.. you don’t believe me!? That’s unexpected I know.. but it’s a combination undeniable! You won’t regret..
- You also may add some ice cubes if you want it chilled. Again it will be a good summery choice.
If you love summer, if you love ripe juicy pulpy mango, this smoothie can’t be a miss for you then. I see you agree.. are you trying then??